Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt – ice cream and sorbet maker is a great machine for making ice creams at home. This fully automated electric ice cream maker prepares all sorts of ice creams in just under 20 minutes. Although the advertised time is 20-25 minutes, in practice, the ice cream gets ready in no more than 15 minutes. With this ice cream maker, you don’t have to worry about creating a mess like with the traditional machines using ice and salt mixtures. You also don’t have to worry about striking the right salt and ice mixture ratios. The machine is absolutely easy to use, just toss in the ingredients and press ON and the machine will do its work.
This machine comes in three different colors – red, white and pink. You can choose the color that best suits the décor of your house. The machine is also not very heavy, making it convenient to carry it around. You can place it anywhere in the house, including patios and decks. It operates very smoothly without creating much noise. A person in the adjacent room may not even get the slightest hint that you are making ice cream. You can easily watch TV or do other activities without getting disturbed while the ice cream is on the churn.
It also allows you to make eggless ice creams and alter the ratios of different ingredients as per your choice. You can try out some interesting recipes from the book that comes together with the machine.
- The machine comes with a large size container that can hold up to 11/2 quarts of ice cream in a single batch.
- The machine uses a heavy duty motor, which ensures fine churning and mixing in a short span of time.
- The freezer bowl is double insulated. This cuts down the need for ice and also ensures that the ice cream does not melt too soon.
- The lid comes with a large spout. This makes it easier to lock or add ingredients without creating a mess.
- The product comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Dimension – 9” by 9.5” by 11.25”
- Weight – 9.6 pounds
- The body is made of plastic.
- Creates no mess over the kitchen counters
- Easy to clean
- Produces very little noise
- Works faster than the estimated time
- It can be difficult to scoop out ice cream from the mixer bowl, using just a rubber spatula. Using a steel spatula can cause scratches to the container.
- The ice cream gets stuck hard to the container if not taken out immediately.
- The machine cannot be covered during the mixing process. This exposes the contents of outside elements while churning.
- The ingredients should not be filled to the brim as it can overflow during churning.
- It can be difficult to handle the canister when it is still cold.
It allows you to enjoy all sorts of ice cream right at home. The preparation process is very quick and completely hassle free. The machine is very simple to use and a good bargain for its price.